Thursday, November 22, 2012

Thrifty Thanksgiving - Easy Hanging Towel Tutorial

First, I want to wish all of you a happy, grateful Thanksgiving Day (in America) and a wonderful Thrifty Thursday to those of you in other ports!

I took my little granddaughter, Miss R, and we walked to our local thrift shop to find a kitchen towel for this project. I bought the towel and four placemats for a total of $1.47! (The placemats don't figure in this post, but I thought I'd mention how thrifty we were!)

Using this tutorial, I followed the instructions and made a self-hanging kitchen towel, something that is so good for me! My dish towels seem to sprout legs and leave somewhere... maybe with one sock from each pair I put in the washing machine. (Can you imagine the pile of socks there must be somewhere? I once heard someone say that socks were the larval form of wire coat hangers, 'cause the socks grow fewer in number and the wire coat hangers grow greater!)

Anyway, follow the link to the tutorial and then make one for yourself. Those thrifty Thursdays are so good for the soul!



No comments:

Post a Comment