Thursday, March 28, 2013

Craft space remodel (kind of)

I have an unexpected day off tomorrow, and I know just what I want to do with it. First, clean the kitchen and living room floors, then clean the bathroom in my craft room and the half bath downstairs. Then I'm going to tackle my craft room. I know I have craft supplies and fabrics I haven't used in more than a year, and that means I probably won't use them, either. So tomorrow, someone on freecycle will be very happy to receive a bunch of craft stuff that I can't (won't) use, and I'll be happy to free up space.

Not tomorrow, but soon, I'm going to paint the furniture in my craft room, too. I've chosen a teal-ish color (called Backstroke) and a medium yellow (called Buttered Popcorn) to paint my desk and the dresser that houses material and supplies. I also have two bookshelves that I want to paint to match, as well as a small cabinet and a small bookshelf.

Overall, I'm satisfied with my craft room. Some major stuff I want to do includes ripping out the carpet (!) and replacing it with hardwood or tile; painting the walls; replacing the fold-out couch that doubles as a guest bed with a day-bed; and adding a long shelf just above eye-level to contain my large jars that are now filled with buttons, floss, ribbon and such. It will take me at least a year to do it all, since we have 0 budget for the project.

I'll take pictures as I go along and post them here for you to see. I'd love to see what you've done with your craft space, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment