Friday, June 21, 2013

Family Reunion

Does your extended family do this? Every couple of years, my mom's family gathers together for a reunion. This year it was in Texas, and my children and I got to go. It had been five years since we had been together (except for my mom), and it was so good to see everybody.

My aunts and uncles looked pretty much the same, although they moved a little slower. And my mom and her husband (my stepfather) looked just as good and were just as spry as they always are. My stepfather, who is 84, ran a footrace over a mountain this past week, not winning, but not coming in last, either. And he was the oldest runner there!

My aunt and uncle who hosted the reunion live on a river and have a boat. Unfortunately, the water was down a full seven feet. Seven feet! So there was no boating. However, 'tis an ill wind that brings nobody good, and the wind that dried up the river left a patch of sand under the dock where the kids all played.


Then they came inside (covered with sand) and sat down to read and play with my iphone and ipad. All except the very youngest who is only 2 weeks old (even his 2-year-old sister) were totally proficient, which awed the aunts and uncles (chuckle, chuckle).


No comments:

Post a Comment